Archive for July, 2014
We talk about unified platform, data driven marketing, big data and so on, unfortunately, when we look at feasibility of such practices among brands, its far-fetched reality and just a board room discussion. Just the way we have clutter in customer segment so is the IT platforms in many of the organization, which are a sheer tick mark in terms of investments or legacies which have not been reviewed with changing trends, but not seen from one vision point of view.
For example, today if we have to perceive the persona of a customer from the company’s prospective, he would be seen through different filters such as CRM, Loyalty, Social Analytic, web analytic, BI tools drawing different persona of the same customer instead of building one customer persona, resulting in irrelevant & multiple campaigns, promotions targeting the same customers, most of the time irrelevant and not hitting the ROI mark.
The crux is customer centricity, not in terms of a single department, but in terms of the entire company looking at it. A persona is a result of collation of various signals from different sources; offline & online modes. It is matter of drawing a strategic view to draw those visions, because they translate the investment pattern into technologies which help you to optimize, predict and monetize in terms of understanding the right behavior, customer segment, place to target and offer.
Just as time & tide waits for none, so is the customer today, it doesn’t take time to become irrelevant to them, with irrelevant messages which flows in from various sources where he/she are in at the time of display. For instance, the FB ads or any other form of displays, excepting contextual mapping, how many time do you even look at it, forget click “know more”, the answer is majority of you ignore or don’t even see it.
The digital DNA, is just not building websites and creating brand presence across various online vehicle, it is more to understand your customers by delivering the right content at right time. The time has come where in your brand should deliver the experience by making the customer feel special, through knowing or predicting who he/she needs and innovating your offering to them.
Industrialization brought in masses with economy in scale whereas digitization is going to bring in personalization with understanding customer behavioral signals. As said by Marcel Proust “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes”. Implementing the right unified platform which integrates applications of business technology & Information technology holds the key of success. The digital empowerment today is going to fade data silos in organization, in a vision of building one single customer persona.
You are currently browsing the archives for July, 2014
Check Out the new PostIndustrialization for Masses & Digitization for PersonalisationJuly 6th, 2014
Top Rated By Viewers
- Creating Single Vision of a customer – The Digital DNA
- Building experience flow which matters, through adoption of right analytics and tools- A part of engaging Idle Mind Strategy
- Creativity is no longer an elective, it’s the future.
- Subliminal Moment of Truth – Redefining engagement with captive minds through Mobile technology
- 3 Key Components In The Making Of B2B Marketing Strategy; Influencers, Perception & Value Prop
Look For Your Grey Munchies
- Congrats to the Portland Trail Blazers, who just won sports Twitter June 28, 2017As far as NBA trades go, this one was a snoozer. But the way the Portland Trail Blazers played it on Twitter was downright brilliant. Portland traded guard Tim Quarterman and his 1.9 points per game to the Houston Rockets for "cash considerations" in a move announced Wednesday. Now, pro sports teams typically love to introduce newly acquired pla […]Sam Laird
- The NotPetya ransomware may not actually be ransomware at all — it could be something worse June 28, 2017Is ransomware still ransomware if its goal is purely to destroy? This is less if-a-tree-falls hypothetical and more sobering reality for the untold number of people across the globe whose computer systems have been infected with the NotPetya ransomware. That's because the latest digital scourge to cripple computer networks in 65 countries (and counting) […]Jack Morse
- Notorious crow single-handedly shuts down mail delivery in neighborhood June 28, 2017And now for some very Canadian news: Mail delivery has been halted in certain areas of Vancouver because a "well-known crow" attacked a mailman. SEE ALSO: Buy this house and you'll live in 2 countries at once Canuck the crow, who is identifiable to locals because of a red tag on its ankle, has been causing trouble in the area for a long time […]Tyler Schmall
- NASA finds signs of ancient 'Niagara Falls' of lava on Mars June 28, 2017Sure, NASA has found signs of ancient water on Mars multiple times over the years, but now it's time to talk about something that's significantly more badass: molten Martian lava. NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) has taken photos of a part of the red planet that once played host to huge multi-tiered falls of lava that cascaded into a […]Miriam Kramer
- Congrats to the Portland Trail Blazers, who just won sports Twitter June 28, 2017
- RT @NSaina: All for @AdobeIndia’s stellar effort supporting a social cause! Each tweet using #TweetForGood & #AdobeSymp today raises ₹100 f… 1 month ago
- Adobe Symposium India 2017 blogs.adobe.com/digitaldialogu… via @adobe 2 months ago
- #TT17 https://t.co/I0lmM1Lg7l 3 months ago
- 3 new offerings in partnership with Microsoft on web experience foundation, Powerful data insights and campaign orchestration #adobesummit 3 months ago
- RT @AdobeMktgCare: Have additional questions about the Experience Cloud announcement? Ask in our forums here: adobe.ly/2n4m8ui #Adob… 3 months ago
- Applications Application Stack Augmented Reality Behavioral Laboratory Behavioral trends Biggies Blog Sphere Business Intelligence Business Model Captive Co-Presence Community Insight Competition Consumer Behavior Customer engagement Customizing gaming for your engagement Demand Generation Demand Generation Engine Differentiations e-Commerce eCommerce Engagement engine Engagement Model Engaging Shoppers Evaluation Evangelism eyeballs Facebook Footprint footprints Forecast Forrester Gaming Gaming Intelligence google Infosys Innovation Insights Jim Lecinski LinkedIn Market Tech Micro-Blogging Migration Mobile devices modern marketing Paradigm perceptions Platforms Prediction queries Redifining Retail Retail Grey Matter Retail Strategy Scenarios search engine search engine optimization SEO Shoppers Skill sets Social Gaming Social Media Social Media Engagement strategy Social Networking Social Networking Platform Socio-economic environment Stimuli twitter Virtual Product Visualization engine Web2.0 Widgets World is Small Zero Moment of Truth ZMOT Zynga