Posts Tagged Infosys
Forrester’s article very recently published, Social Media Still Very Nascent – Adoption And Adaptation Challenges For Organizations, is so true. When I look at e-commerce today from the perspective of Social Media, the opportunity is infinite and not just restricted to a page as the only engagement mode for update, offers & review. In this era of Social Media or Web 2.0, out-of-the-box thinking has no limits, with the option what Google +, Facebook or Twitter could throw with their new Application Programming Interface and the new features which they introduce, make it only more favorable for the marketer to explore, expedite & experience.
The well-known fact on engaging with consumers is co-exist where they are, imbibe in their activity & feeds, associate with their community and groups. Today, there are many leading ERP companies which build their platforms in the CRM area using the essence of social media, popularly known as Social CRM, these can track customers on social media or in simpler terms they are very synonymous to Social Media Monitoring. However, this is too narrow an interpretation, as Social CRM also includes customer communities managed by the organization themselves.
While I was looking for Social Media Platforms used in e-commerce, I came across a technology ‘commerce edge’ of Infosys, which is a Social Commerce Platform, on SaaS model and delivers, what could be the differentiation among the competition. This could be just a start in exploring social media from creation of buzz to inducing buy through new ways of group gifting, co-shopping, Interacting with your friend to review product and so on. Basically, drifting the shopping experience more towards the real world. Countries where the myths overrule the benefits of e-commerce, these technologies come as a boon in changing the perception, and also acting as a double-edged sword with the benefit loaded messaging in campaigns as the value proposition. The other way to think about this would be enhancing the opportunity base by creating new access for new set of shoppers.
The other technology, which dives deep in making the e-commerce closer to the real world is Augmented Reality. Augmented reality (AR) is a term for a live direct or an indirect view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are augmented by computer-generated sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or GPS data. It is related to a more general concept called mediated reality, in which a view of reality is modified (possibly even diminished rather than augmented) by a computer. As a result, the technology functions by enhancing one’s current perception of reality. By contrast, virtual reality replaces the real world with a simulated one.(Source – Augmented Reality on Freebase, licensed under CC-BY ).
As mobile devices today are going through a phase of invention, innovation & induction, shoppers’ buying behavior is varying through the process of adoption & adaptation. Today the brands are just not restricted to brick & mortar modes of advertisement to reach the consumers, thanks to the mobile devices becoming smarter, sleeker, handy and a personal device, facilitating insights at the finger tips, making them dependent on their favorite application to move them through the decision value chain. This is where Augmented Reality, plays it’s trick, enabling shopper to visualize, evaluate & decide on to the options.
With this technology, a shopper could use his/ her mobile device to visualize his product under evaluation on to him/her (in case of Apparel) or on wall (in case of display) or on floor (in case of furniture) and so on. This would not only bring in the conviction but could add an edge over the real world in case of products like consumer durable, furniture, display pieces and so on.
Augmented Reality & Social Media is a big boon to the e-commerce world in bringing in the real world experience.
A Video on Augmented Reality
API, Application Programming Interface, Augmented Reality, buzz, Commerce Edge, eCommerce, Engaging Shoppers, Forrester, GPS, Infosys, Mobile Device, Oracle, Platforms, SAP, Shoppers, Social CRM, Social Media, Web 2.0
Check Out the new PostIndustrialization for Masses & Digitization for PersonalisationJuly 6th, 2014
Top Rated By Viewers
Dated: Grey Mind’s
March 2018 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Creating Single Vision of a customer – The Digital DNA
- Building experience flow which matters, through adoption of right analytics and tools- A part of engaging Idle Mind Strategy
- Creativity is no longer an elective, it’s the future.
- Subliminal Moment of Truth – Redefining engagement with captive minds through Mobile technology
- 3 Key Components In The Making Of B2B Marketing Strategy; Influencers, Perception & Value Prop
Look For Your Grey Munchies
- Everything you need to know about the Cambridge Analytica controversy March 18, 2018Facebook is once again in hot water over the role its policies may have played in the election. On Saturday, two explosive reports from The Guardian and The New York Times surfaced alleging that more than 50 million Facebook users had personal data used without their knowledge by Cambridge Analytica, a U.K.-based data firm employed by Donald Trump's pre […]Karissa Bell
- Demi Lovato celebrates 6 years of sobriety with DJ Khaled and Kehlani with emotional speech March 18, 2018On March 14, Demi Lovato celebrated a major milestone in her life and career. No, it wasn't a shiny award or magazine cover: it was her 6 year anniversary of being sober. The singer has been an advocate for mental health awareness and overcoming addiction, and she's been public about her own struggles with both issues, but her 'sober birthday […]Martha Tesema
- Facebook investigating a current employee who has ties to that Trump-linked data firm March 18, 2018The hits keep on coming for Facebook. On Friday, the social media company booted the Donald Trump campaign-linked data firm Cambridge Analytica from its platform. On Saturday, we learned why: The firm played a role in secretly harvesting data belonging to more than 50 million users. SEE ALSO: How to see all the weird apps that can access your data on Faceboo […]Adam Rosenberg
- A treasure trove of handheld video games from the '80s added to the Internet Archive March 18, 2018Tiger Electronics. Coleco. Konami. Bandai. These are all familiar publishers for gamers from the '80s. Back in the days when Nintendo's biggest competitor in the living room was Atari, the handheld market was dominated by battery-operated LCD games. SEE ALSO: 'Jurassic World' is coming to life with augmented reality Now, many of those gam […]Adam Rosenberg
- Everything you need to know about the Cambridge Analytica controversy March 18, 2018
- @sivagatwork Congratulations on well deserved award 2 months ago
- @emirates forced with 88C to accommodate someone with my checked In seat & now the screen doesn’t respond #LongFlight 4 months ago
- Interesting to see how data is evolving to be one of the core element in building #DigitalExperience #DataScience goo.gl/cJDdpY 4 months ago
- RT @NSaina: All for @AdobeIndia’s stellar effort supporting a social cause! Each tweet using #TweetForGood & #AdobeSymp today raises ₹100 f… 10 months ago
- Adobe Symposium India 2017 blogs.adobe.com/digitaldialogu… via @adobe 11 months ago
- Applications Application Stack Augmented Reality Behavioral Laboratory Behavioral trends Biggies Blog Sphere Business Intelligence Business Model Captive Co-Presence Community Insight Competition Consumer Behavior Customer engagement Customizing gaming for your engagement Demand Generation Demand Generation Engine Differentiations e-Commerce eCommerce Engagement engine Engagement Model Engaging Shoppers Evaluation Evangelism eyeballs Facebook Footprint footprints Forecast Forrester Gaming Gaming Intelligence google Infosys Innovation Insights Jim Lecinski LinkedIn Market Tech Micro-Blogging Migration Mobile devices modern marketing Paradigm perceptions Platforms Prediction queries Redifining Retail Retail Grey Matter Retail Strategy Scenarios search engine search engine optimization SEO Shoppers Skill sets Social Gaming Social Media Social Media Engagement strategy Social Networking Social Networking Platform Socio-economic environment Stimuli twitter Virtual Product Visualization engine Web2.0 Widgets World is Small Zero Moment of Truth ZMOT Zynga