Posts Tagged Migration
Web 2.0 saw revolution which went on to change the political scenario, babies named after the giant ‘Facebook’ and to top it, marketers found answer to their long lasting query on ROI. They have changed the way people used to reach their prospects and more over countering business opportunity. Life is been more focused and even smaller, the phrase ‘world is small’ has more meaning to it now than before.
The closer analogy to social networking is of the iPhone ad which states “if you don’t have an iPhone you don’t have the apps….. and if you don’t have a iPhone, well you don’t have a iPhone”, which is (when applied to social networking) if you are not in one of the social networking sites, you are missing on the networking and to top it, today even recruiters have jumped into it, of course now it makes more sense to be in, then losing something.
Social networking today could be categorized into Business, Casual and Micro-blogging. We have seen good number of players moving into the space and making it big, and many of these are the pioneers, who have traced the path and been the part of the revolution, who are the leaders and category by itself. Competition now is becoming intense among the category leaders, and some renowned biggies who have tried and backed off are consistently trying to get in, to still carve a pie for themselves. The advantage with these biggies are, their application stack and power of innovation, which makes them prospective leaders only if, they crack the platform.
The battle lines are drawn and the success would be based on differentiation; which would be user interface, platforms, applications and engagement model. The leader would now have to be constantly on the drawing board and working on the differentiator model, as they would have to keep pace with new applications & concepts being developed using the existing model by the partners, in parallel ensuring the constant revenue streams from the existing model. The challenge now is on retaining the users and withstanding the migrations to newer platforms, which could be mouth watering.
The question which haunts every category leader, in different verticals, to answer on the differentiation, today hangs on to Social Networking Platform, as it is a successful model and others would definitely follow to cash in.The key here would be to stick on to User Engagement and Redefining Evangelism, which would mean drilling down to the levels of analyzing the database and bringing in the right kind of interface and application which could glue the user tightly to the platform, to the extent where the user feels incomplete without it. Like how the customer centricity brought the Social Networking into their business, today the same paradigm needs to be imbibing into their platform.
The essence lies on Social Networking Site being the one stop shop for a user, apart from just networking and being in touch. We have seen the progressions here too in terms of; communities, forums, skills, News, creating groups, pages and so on. This would have to move in a step into associating with user’s individual planning, which he/she would associate to and use it as bench marking himself/herself for his/her development which could be either career, skill sets, evaluating options, consumption patterns, financials and so on.
Application Stack, Biggies, Business Model, Competition, Consumer Behavior, Differentiations, Engagement Model, Evaluation, Evangelism, Facebook, Migration, Paradigm, Platforms, Redifining, Skill sets, Social Networking, Social Networking Platform, Web2.0, World is Small
Check Out the new PostIndustrialization for Masses & Digitization for PersonalisationJuly 6th, 2014
Top Rated By Viewers
Dated: Grey Mind’s
August 2017 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Creating Single Vision of a customer – The Digital DNA
- Building experience flow which matters, through adoption of right analytics and tools- A part of engaging Idle Mind Strategy
- Creativity is no longer an elective, it’s the future.
- Subliminal Moment of Truth – Redefining engagement with captive minds through Mobile technology
- 3 Key Components In The Making Of B2B Marketing Strategy; Influencers, Perception & Value Prop
Look For Your Grey Munchies
- Steven Soderbergh's new HBO show will have a choose-your-own-adventure feel August 19, 2017Though it's still in preproduction, Steven Soderbergh's upcoming series Mosaic is already unlike anything HBO has ever done. In an extensive, new interview with Lincoln Center's Film Comment, Soderbergh shared more about the project and how it will tie in to an app due out in November — an app that lets users familiarize themselves with the st […]Proma Khosla
- How to put old photos in your social media stories August 19, 2017Stories started with Snapchat, then Instagram and Facebook added their own versions to try and win our loyalty. There are crazy amounts of ways to make your story unique within each app. But you might not know that you can also post old photos in your current stories. SEE ALSO: I'm giving up on Snapchat because it's way too bloated Here's how […]Molly Sequin
- Move over, activated charcoal. Try the matte black latte. August 19, 2017Activated charcoal—the trendy margarita ingredient and cleaning agent—is nothing compared to a matte black latte. The new drink from Round K in New York City is even darker than the activated charcoal recipes that swept the internet a few months ago. SEE ALSO: A rare white moose has been spotted and if you wanna freak out, that's cool The nondairy dri […]Emma Hinchliffe
- Resourceful golden retriever finds $85,000 of heroin in his backyard August 19, 2017Police dogs aren't the only ones sniffing out drugs. A regular, untrained family golden retriever in Oregon dug up something interesting in his own backyard. The 18-month-old dog, Kenyon, came back with what his family thought was a time capsule. After they all gathered around to see what was inside and film themselves opening it, they realized it was […]Emma Hinchliffe
- Steven Soderbergh's new HBO show will have a choose-your-own-adventure feel August 19, 2017
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Applications Application Stack Augmented Reality Behavioral Laboratory Behavioral trends Biggies Blog Sphere Business Intelligence Business Model Captive Co-Presence Community Insight Competition Consumer Behavior Customer engagement Customizing gaming for your engagement Demand Generation Demand Generation Engine Differentiations e-Commerce eCommerce Engagement engine Engagement Model Engaging Shoppers Evaluation Evangelism eyeballs Facebook Footprint footprints Forecast Forrester Gaming Gaming Intelligence google Infosys Innovation Insights Jim Lecinski LinkedIn Market Tech Micro-Blogging Migration Mobile devices modern marketing Paradigm perceptions Platforms Prediction queries Redifining Retail Retail Grey Matter Retail Strategy Scenarios search engine search engine optimization SEO Shoppers Skill sets Social Gaming Social Media Social Media Engagement strategy Social Networking Social Networking Platform Socio-economic environment Stimuli twitter Virtual Product Visualization engine Web2.0 Widgets World is Small Zero Moment of Truth ZMOT Zynga