Posts Tagged Migration
Web 2.0 saw revolution which went on to change the political scenario, babies named after the giant ‘Facebook’ and to top it, marketers found answer to their long lasting query on ROI. They have changed the way people used to reach their prospects and more over countering business opportunity. Life is been more focused and even smaller, the phrase ‘world is small’ has more meaning to it now than before.
The closer analogy to social networking is of the iPhone ad which states “if you don’t have an iPhone you don’t have the apps….. and if you don’t have a iPhone, well you don’t have a iPhone”, which is (when applied to social networking) if you are not in one of the social networking sites, you are missing on the networking and to top it, today even recruiters have jumped into it, of course now it makes more sense to be in, then losing something.
Social networking today could be categorized into Business, Casual and Micro-blogging. We have seen good number of players moving into the space and making it big, and many of these are the pioneers, who have traced the path and been the part of the revolution, who are the leaders and category by itself. Competition now is becoming intense among the category leaders, and some renowned biggies who have tried and backed off are consistently trying to get in, to still carve a pie for themselves. The advantage with these biggies are, their application stack and power of innovation, which makes them prospective leaders only if, they crack the platform.
The battle lines are drawn and the success would be based on differentiation; which would be user interface, platforms, applications and engagement model. The leader would now have to be constantly on the drawing board and working on the differentiator model, as they would have to keep pace with new applications & concepts being developed using the existing model by the partners, in parallel ensuring the constant revenue streams from the existing model. The challenge now is on retaining the users and withstanding the migrations to newer platforms, which could be mouth watering.
The question which haunts every category leader, in different verticals, to answer on the differentiation, today hangs on to Social Networking Platform, as it is a successful model and others would definitely follow to cash in.The key here would be to stick on to User Engagement and Redefining Evangelism, which would mean drilling down to the levels of analyzing the database and bringing in the right kind of interface and application which could glue the user tightly to the platform, to the extent where the user feels incomplete without it. Like how the customer centricity brought the Social Networking into their business, today the same paradigm needs to be imbibing into their platform.
The essence lies on Social Networking Site being the one stop shop for a user, apart from just networking and being in touch. We have seen the progressions here too in terms of; communities, forums, skills, News, creating groups, pages and so on. This would have to move in a step into associating with user’s individual planning, which he/she would associate to and use it as bench marking himself/herself for his/her development which could be either career, skill sets, evaluating options, consumption patterns, financials and so on.
Application Stack, Biggies, Business Model, Competition, Consumer Behavior, Differentiations, Engagement Model, Evaluation, Evangelism, Facebook, Migration, Paradigm, Platforms, Redifining, Skill sets, Social Networking, Social Networking Platform, Web2.0, World is Small
Check Out the new PostIndustrialization for Masses & Digitization for PersonalisationJuly 6th, 2014
Top Rated By Viewers
Dated: Grey Mind’s
December 2017 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Creating Single Vision of a customer – The Digital DNA
- Building experience flow which matters, through adoption of right analytics and tools- A part of engaging Idle Mind Strategy
- Creativity is no longer an elective, it’s the future.
- Subliminal Moment of Truth – Redefining engagement with captive minds through Mobile technology
- 3 Key Components In The Making Of B2B Marketing Strategy; Influencers, Perception & Value Prop
Look For Your Grey Munchies
- Dear Disney: Now you own the original 'Star Wars', please restore its full glory December 14, 2017The history of Star Wars and the history of 20th Century Fox, the movie studio that Rupert Murdoch just sold to Disney as one part of a massive $52 billion deal, are intimately intertwined. 20th Century Fox executive Alan Ladd Jr., known to one and all as Laddie, is the main reason the original Star Wars exists. In the mid 1970s, when gritty pessimistic mov […]Chris Taylor
- Stock up on porg swag before 'The Last Jedi' destroys your emotions December 14, 2017Just to let you know, if you buy something featured here, Mashable might earn an affiliate commission. From what we know of Star Wars: The Last Jedi so far, it looks like things are only going to get darker for Rey and the rest of the new generation. But at least we have porgs now! These cuddly, penguin-like aliens are making their debut in the new film and […]Carlos Cadorniga
- The Ataribox has been delayed, casting doubt on the console's future December 14, 2017Atari's throwback console Ataribox looks like it's in trouble. The Ataribox, first revealed in June, was supposed to go up for preorder Thursday, but the preorder was unexpectedly delayed the morning of, Engadget reported. According to Atari, the delay is because the console is taking a bit longer to make than expected. SEE ALSO: We know what Atari […]Kellen Beck
- Let the Death Star shine a light on things with this Star Wars lamp December 14, 2017Just to let you know, if you buy something featured here, Mashable might earn an affiliate commission. Sure, the Death Star may be an Imperial space station with enough power to decimate an entire planet, but you've got to admit that it makes a pretty stylish lamp. SEE ALSO: This Chewbacca stocking is the perfect Christmas gift for Star Wars fans The De […]Carlos Cadorniga
- Dear Disney: Now you own the original 'Star Wars', please restore its full glory December 14, 2017
- @emirates forced with 88C to accommodate someone with my checked In seat & now the screen doesn’t respond #LongFlight 1 month ago
- Interesting to see how data is evolving to be one of the core element in building #DigitalExperience #DataScience goo.gl/cJDdpY 1 month ago
- RT @NSaina: All for @AdobeIndia’s stellar effort supporting a social cause! Each tweet using #TweetForGood & #AdobeSymp today raises ₹100 f… 7 months ago
- Adobe Symposium India 2017 blogs.adobe.com/digitaldialogu… via @adobe 8 months ago
- #TT17 https://t.co/I0lmM1Lg7l 8 months ago
- Applications Application Stack Augmented Reality Behavioral Laboratory Behavioral trends Biggies Blog Sphere Business Intelligence Business Model Captive Co-Presence Community Insight Competition Consumer Behavior Customer engagement Customizing gaming for your engagement Demand Generation Demand Generation Engine Differentiations e-Commerce eCommerce Engagement engine Engagement Model Engaging Shoppers Evaluation Evangelism eyeballs Facebook Footprint footprints Forecast Forrester Gaming Gaming Intelligence google Infosys Innovation Insights Jim Lecinski LinkedIn Market Tech Micro-Blogging Migration Mobile devices modern marketing Paradigm perceptions Platforms Prediction queries Redifining Retail Retail Grey Matter Retail Strategy Scenarios search engine search engine optimization SEO Shoppers Skill sets Social Gaming Social Media Social Media Engagement strategy Social Networking Social Networking Platform Socio-economic environment Stimuli twitter Virtual Product Visualization engine Web2.0 Widgets World is Small Zero Moment of Truth ZMOT Zynga