Posts Tagged Paradigm
Web 2.0 saw revolution which went on to change the political scenario, babies named after the giant ‘Facebook’ and to top it, marketers found answer to their long lasting query on ROI. They have changed the way people used to reach their prospects and more over countering business opportunity. Life is been more focused and even smaller, the phrase ‘world is small’ has more meaning to it now than before.
The closer analogy to social networking is of the iPhone ad which states “if you don’t have an iPhone you don’t have the apps….. and if you don’t have a iPhone, well you don’t have a iPhone”, which is (when applied to social networking) if you are not in one of the social networking sites, you are missing on the networking and to top it, today even recruiters have jumped into it, of course now it makes more sense to be in, then losing something.
Social networking today could be categorized into Business, Casual and Micro-blogging. We have seen good number of players moving into the space and making it big, and many of these are the pioneers, who have traced the path and been the part of the revolution, who are the leaders and category by itself. Competition now is becoming intense among the category leaders, and some renowned biggies who have tried and backed off are consistently trying to get in, to still carve a pie for themselves. The advantage with these biggies are, their application stack and power of innovation, which makes them prospective leaders only if, they crack the platform.
The battle lines are drawn and the success would be based on differentiation; which would be user interface, platforms, applications and engagement model. The leader would now have to be constantly on the drawing board and working on the differentiator model, as they would have to keep pace with new applications & concepts being developed using the existing model by the partners, in parallel ensuring the constant revenue streams from the existing model. The challenge now is on retaining the users and withstanding the migrations to newer platforms, which could be mouth watering.
The question which haunts every category leader, in different verticals, to answer on the differentiation, today hangs on to Social Networking Platform, as it is a successful model and others would definitely follow to cash in.The key here would be to stick on to User Engagement and Redefining Evangelism, which would mean drilling down to the levels of analyzing the database and bringing in the right kind of interface and application which could glue the user tightly to the platform, to the extent where the user feels incomplete without it. Like how the customer centricity brought the Social Networking into their business, today the same paradigm needs to be imbibing into their platform.
The essence lies on Social Networking Site being the one stop shop for a user, apart from just networking and being in touch. We have seen the progressions here too in terms of; communities, forums, skills, News, creating groups, pages and so on. This would have to move in a step into associating with user’s individual planning, which he/she would associate to and use it as bench marking himself/herself for his/her development which could be either career, skill sets, evaluating options, consumption patterns, financials and so on.
Application Stack, Biggies, Business Model, Competition, Consumer Behavior, Differentiations, Engagement Model, Evaluation, Evangelism, Facebook, Migration, Paradigm, Platforms, Redifining, Skill sets, Social Networking, Social Networking Platform, Web2.0, World is Small
Check Out the new PostIndustrialization for Masses & Digitization for PersonalisationJuly 6th, 2014
Top Rated By Viewers
Dated: Grey Mind’s
March 2018 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Creating Single Vision of a customer – The Digital DNA
- Building experience flow which matters, through adoption of right analytics and tools- A part of engaging Idle Mind Strategy
- Creativity is no longer an elective, it’s the future.
- Subliminal Moment of Truth – Redefining engagement with captive minds through Mobile technology
- 3 Key Components In The Making Of B2B Marketing Strategy; Influencers, Perception & Value Prop
Look For Your Grey Munchies
- Everything you need to know about the Cambridge Analytica controversy March 18, 2018Facebook is once again in hot water over the role its policies may have played in the election. On Saturday, two explosive reports from The Guardian and The New York Times surfaced alleging that more than 50 million Facebook users had personal data used without their knowledge by Cambridge Analytica, a U.K.-based data firm employed by Donald Trump's pre […]Karissa Bell
- Demi Lovato celebrates 6 years of sobriety with DJ Khaled and Kehlani with emotional speech March 18, 2018On March 14, Demi Lovato celebrated a major milestone in her life and career. No, it wasn't a shiny award or magazine cover: it was her 6 year anniversary of being sober. The singer has been an advocate for mental health awareness and overcoming addiction, and she's been public about her own struggles with both issues, but her 'sober birthday […]Martha Tesema
- Facebook investigating a current employee who has ties to that Trump-linked data firm March 18, 2018The hits keep on coming for Facebook. On Friday, the social media company booted the Donald Trump campaign-linked data firm Cambridge Analytica from its platform. On Saturday, we learned why: The firm played a role in secretly harvesting data belonging to more than 50 million users. SEE ALSO: How to see all the weird apps that can access your data on Faceboo […]Adam Rosenberg
- A treasure trove of handheld video games from the '80s added to the Internet Archive March 18, 2018Tiger Electronics. Coleco. Konami. Bandai. These are all familiar publishers for gamers from the '80s. Back in the days when Nintendo's biggest competitor in the living room was Atari, the handheld market was dominated by battery-operated LCD games. SEE ALSO: 'Jurassic World' is coming to life with augmented reality Now, many of those gam […]Adam Rosenberg
- Everything you need to know about the Cambridge Analytica controversy March 18, 2018
- @sivagatwork Congratulations on well deserved award 2 months ago
- @emirates forced with 88C to accommodate someone with my checked In seat & now the screen doesn’t respond #LongFlight 4 months ago
- Interesting to see how data is evolving to be one of the core element in building #DigitalExperience #DataScience goo.gl/cJDdpY 4 months ago
- RT @NSaina: All for @AdobeIndia’s stellar effort supporting a social cause! Each tweet using #TweetForGood & #AdobeSymp today raises ₹100 f… 10 months ago
- Adobe Symposium India 2017 blogs.adobe.com/digitaldialogu… via @adobe 11 months ago
- Applications Application Stack Augmented Reality Behavioral Laboratory Behavioral trends Biggies Blog Sphere Business Intelligence Business Model Captive Co-Presence Community Insight Competition Consumer Behavior Customer engagement Customizing gaming for your engagement Demand Generation Demand Generation Engine Differentiations e-Commerce eCommerce Engagement engine Engagement Model Engaging Shoppers Evaluation Evangelism eyeballs Facebook Footprint footprints Forecast Forrester Gaming Gaming Intelligence google Infosys Innovation Insights Jim Lecinski LinkedIn Market Tech Micro-Blogging Migration Mobile devices modern marketing Paradigm perceptions Platforms Prediction queries Redifining Retail Retail Grey Matter Retail Strategy Scenarios search engine search engine optimization SEO Shoppers Skill sets Social Gaming Social Media Social Media Engagement strategy Social Networking Social Networking Platform Socio-economic environment Stimuli twitter Virtual Product Visualization engine Web2.0 Widgets World is Small Zero Moment of Truth ZMOT Zynga